The 2017 State Fair Validation Checklist is now available! You can find it at the bottom of this page. Make sure all items are included when returning validation materials.
State Fair tag orders begin April 1, 2017. Please visit http://validate.texasffa.org to submit your orders.
County Chairpersons Please Note: Your county swine validation account balance must be in good standing, or you will not be able to order 2017 State Fair tags. Please make sure all previous orders and tag transfer invoices are paid prior to the April 1, 2017 opening date.
County officials will need their county password to login to the system to place orders, print forms, submit tag/ear notch corrections and complete the student tag information. If you do not know your county's login password, please contact Carolee Frampton with the Texas FFA office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2017 State Fair of Texas Swine Validation Process Information
Only the Swine Validation Chairman from each county may order tags.
COST: April $15.00 each
May $18.00 each
June $18.00 each plus $25.00 shipping/handling
ORDERS: Address on order form should be SHIPPING address, NO PO BOX addresses accepted due to the inability to track packages. Orders received in April will be mailed the second or third week of May.
VALIDATION: All official validation and tagging should occur on or before 12:00pm June 30th 2017 in the presence of the County Swine Validation Committee.
After Validation Occurs
REMINDER: It is the duty of the county chair to input all swine tag assignment information into the swine validation website. http://validate.texasffa.org/
Materials Must Be Postmarked by July 7th:
Swine Tag Form (Manila)
- Filed in alphabetical order and secured with rubber bands please.
- Must have Last Name, First Name (printed and signed).
- Filed alphabetically and secured with rubber bands please.
- Please RETURN UNUSED ENVELOPES
- Do not pre-sign or enter any data on these envelopes, as this voids the envelope.
Signed Ethics Policies
- signature page only
- Filed alphabetically and secured.
- PLEASE DO NOT STAPLE TO VALIDATION FORMS
Signed Committee Forms
- This form is located on the swine validation page. Click on 2017 State Fair of Texas Swine Validation once you have logged in - the Committee Forms are at the bottom of the forms section.
Tag Assignment Form
- Please include a printed copy of the tag assignment form with the rest of the validation materials. Once all exhibitor information is entered, click on 'print tag assignment listing' in the upper right corner of your screen. This form will be used as the master materials check-in list for your county.
Corrections, Transfers, Replacement Tags
Change of Ownership Forms - Found on validate.texasffa.org
- Emailed to: email@example.com or
- Faxed to: 512-476-2894
Ear-Notch Correction and Ear Tag Replacement Forms - Found on Validate.TexasFFA.org
- The county chairperson completes the form and enters the information directly into the tag assignment listing online. These forms no longer need to be sent to the FFA office.
- These corrections/replacements can be made up until the show check-in date. If the changes are made on site with the FFA Representative, a fee of $10.00 cash is processed. Replacement ear tags may be purchased at the show for $25.00 cash each.
Any change to size, shape, form or color will void the tag---tag will be replaced at the stock show & replacement cost will be charged to the individual. No personal checks will be accepted. Your cooperation in this process is greatly appreciated!
Frequently Asked Questions
Do gilts need to be validated for the 2017 State Fair Livestock Show?
Per the livestock manager at the State Fair, gilts do NOT need to be validated. Please refer to the State Fair exhibitor handbook for rules and requirements regarding registration and ownership. You may call the State Fair Livestock Department at 214-421-8723, or check out their webpage at http://bigtex.com/livestock/livestockshow/.