If your county has extra tags, please use those tags to replace any that are lost. County coordinators: Complete the ear tag replacement form found on your county swine validation tag ordering screen. Email a completed and signed copy to me at firstname.lastname@example.org, and keep a copy with the exhibitor's yellow validation form. The county coordinator will also need to update the online tag assignment list with the new tag number.
If your county does not have extra tags, an extra tag may be purchased at the show. Our swine validation representative, Jerome Tymrak, will be at each show to scan in each hog. He will have extra tags on hand, and individual exhibitors may purchase tags at $25.00 cash each.
Swine Validation officially ended on November 30, 2016! Now it is time to double check your paperwork, enter your tag assignments, and mail your materials back to the Austin office!
The County Chairperson will return all required materials to our office with a postmark no later than December 7, 2016.
County Chairs: Make sure to update the swine validation website with tag assignment information! Print your tag assignment listing by clicking the link at the upper right of your entry screen, and include this listing with the materials you return to our office.
2017 Major Show Validation Checklist is now available! You can find it at the bottom of this page. Make sure all items are included when returning validation materials.
The Major Show tag orders begin September 1, 2016. Please visit http://validate.texasffa.org to submit your orders.
County officials will need their county password to login to the system to place orders, print forms, submit tag/ear notch corrections and complete the student tag information. If you do not know your county's login password, please contact Carolee Frampton with the Texas FFA office at email@example.com.
2016-2017 Major Show Swine Validation Process Information
Only the Swine Validation Chairman from each county may order tags.
ORDERS: Address on order form should be SHIPPING address, NO PO BOX addresses accepted due to the inability to track packages. Orders received in September will be mailed the second or third week of October.
VALIDATION: All official validation and tagging should occur on or before 12:00pm November 30th 2016 in the presence of the County Swine Validation Committee.
After Validation Occurs
REMINDER: It is the duty of the county chair to input all swine tag assignment information into the swine validation website. http://validate.texasffa.org/
Materials Must Be Postmarked by December 7th:
Swine Tag Form (Manila)
- Filed in alphabetical order and secured (DO NOT STAPLE).
- Must have Last Name, First Name (printed and signed)
- Filed alphabetically and secured.
- Please RETURN UNUSED ENVELOPES
- Do not pre-sign or enter any data on these envelopes, as this voids the envelope. The return of unused envelopes enables us to keep rising cost of tags down.
Signed Ethics Policies
- signature page only
- Filed alphabetically and secured.
- DO NOT STAPLE TO VALIDATION FORMS
Signed Committee Forms
- This form is located on the swine validation page. Click on 2017 Major Show Swine Validation once you have logged in - the Committee Forms are at the bottom of the forms section.
Tag Assignment Form
- Hard copy must be mailed with the forms & hair cards.
Corrections, Transfers, Replacement Tags
Change of Ownership Forms - Found on validate.texasffa.org
- Emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org or
- Faxed to: 512-476-2894
Ear-Notch Correction and Ear Tag Replacement Forms - Found on Validate.TexasFFA.org
- Can be made up until the day of the show. If the changes are made on site with the FFA Representative, a fee of $10.00 cash is processed. Replacement ear tags may be purchased at the show for $25.00 cash each.
Any change to size, shape, form or color will void the tag---tag will be replaced at the stock show & replacement cost will be charged to the individual. No personal checks will be accepted. Your cooperation in this process is greatly appreciated!