Information regarding the 2013 State Fair Swine Validation process: Forms and guidelines are located below this letter. Scroll down to the form or option, double click on Download, open and print.
Temple Tagger must be ordered from Temple Tags (254-982-4212) or you may use the Allflex Total Tagger (red).
Please read this document for dates, procedures and guidelines. These dates and deadlines are based on postmarks printed on the envelopes.
- Only the Swine Validation Chairman from each county may order tags.
- Orders –must be postmarked on or before April 30th, 2013 – fee is $8.00 per tag. Please use an address where the tags are to be shipped, an e-mail address & cell number where this office can contact the requestor during the SUMMER!!!! Orders received between April 2nd and May 4th will be mailed out the first week of June.
- Late Tag orders – postmarked between May 1st and May 30th, 2013 - fee is $11.00 per tag.
- VERY IMPORTANT!!! – Between June 1st thru June 7th 2013 ORDERS MUST BE FAXED – 512-476-8294. Fee is $11 per tag and $20 postage/handling fee. DO NOT MAIL IN ORDERS ON THESE DATES. This avoids problems with shipping and receiving before the June 30th deadline. — NO EXCEPTIONS!
All official validation and tagging must occur on or before June 30th 2013 in the presence of the County Swine Validation Committee.
The following materials must be completed and returned to the FFA office postmarked on or before July 5th, 2013.
- Manila copies - must be filed in alphabetical order and secured (secure with rubber bands or clips. DO NOT STAPLE). If you information is not properly filed and secured it will be returned to the county at the county’s expense.
- Hair envelopes – must have last name and then first name (printed and signed), filed alphabetically and secured (rubber bands or clips). RETURN UNUSED ENVELOPES---Do not presign or enter any data on these envelopes, as this voids the envelope. The return of unused envelopes enables us to keep rising cost of tags down – envelopes cost $2.65 each.
- Signed Ethics Policies – signature page only in alphabetical order and secured. DO NOT STAPLE TO VALIDATION FORMS
- Signed Committee Forms
- Excel Spreadsheet – Must e-mail the spreadsheet to: email@example.com & include a hard copy with the mailed forms & hair cards.
- Change of ownership forms must be faxed into the FFA office on or before June 30th, 2013.
- Ear notch correction and ear tag replacement forms must be completed and faxed to the FFA office on or before July 16th 2012. All forms after this date - must be hand delivered to the Texas FFA Swine Representative at the show.
All information is due to FFA July 5th 2013. If the FFA doesn’t have all the information in the FFA office before July 16th 2013, the county tags will not be validated for State Fair. This includes manilas, hair envelopes, ethics policies, electronic excel spreadsheets & committee forms. Must be in alpha order! The FFA office will not call for this information---it is the responsibility of the county agent or chairperson to mail this in.
TAG ALTERATIONS – any change to size, shape, form or color will void the tag---tag will be replaced at the stock show & replacement cost will be charged to the individual. Your cooperation in this process is greatly appreciated!